Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Play dates...not just for the kids

Yesterday my new single friend A came over for a play date and dinner. I love having single friends, and even better when those single friends have kids! There is something sacred about being able to have an adult conversation with another human, not just the voices rambling around in my head, on a week night. Especially when we have a couple glasses of wine and really really greasy pizza, I'm gonna count that a win. The kids had a great time playing her daughter is just a couple months older than #2 so #1 got to play mother hen and had more than one duckling to order around.

Getting back to having a normal social life is going to be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. What's so wrong with married friends??? We always have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is wrong with some married friends. But most of the people I was friends with during the course of my divorce were really anti divorce so. I don't have many people in my life that support being a single parent.

    ReplyDelete